Choosing the perfect preschool can be a daunting task for many parents. You have so many things to consider, it can often seem as if the perfect preschool is simply not out there. Here are five tips and tricks for finding the right fit for your child for the upcoming year!
5 Tips for Finding the Right Fit for You
- Start Early: Many preschools start enrollment for the upcoming school year around the first of the year. Along with that, most schools have a specific number of children they allow and spaces will fill. Start your research early to allow for plenty of time to pick out the right school for you, and maybe have a back of plan if that one does not work out.
- Consider What is Most Important: Each family is different. It is important to sit down and make a list of what matters most to you and your family. Consider the time the class runs, cost, schedule, and anything else that might impact your family.
- Focus on Style of School: Parents often do not realize that there are different types of preschools out there. Some are more play based while others are a more traditional classroom setting. Some have mixed ages to allow for a peer modeling set up, while others are based specifically on age. Knowing what you are looking for will help narrow down your choices.
- Ask Questions: Take the time to ask questions of each school. Send an email or give them a phone call to ask about anything you might be interested in knowing about. Ask their style, discipline policy, food policy, or schedule questions. The more you ask, the better informed you will be during the process. Trust me, schools would rather have you ask up front than be surprised by something later.
- Take a Tour: Once you have narrowed down your choices to a few options, stop by or schedule a tour of the school. This is a perfect chance to meet the teachers, ask all your questions, and see how the classroom is set up and ran. Even better, take your child with you for the tour to allow them to interact and see the connection between your child and the teacher.
As a preschool teacher myself, I love when parents take the time for these tips and tricks. It really allows me show off all the pride and commitment I have for my classroom and give me a chance to explain how we do things and why we do them. By showing your commitment and investment to picking the perfect school, you are able to start your child off with a great start and hopefully a great experience with their first classroom!
- Gym and Learn at Pinnacle Gymnastics
- Two Year Old Preschool
- Tips For Helping Young Readers
- Low Cost Craft Materials