Confidence and Consistency = Skills
Coaching is much more than having great drills. In order to help your athlete you must prepare them physically, mentally, and emotionally. Helping an athlete to understand the importance of hard work and confidence will not only make the process of acquiring new skills easier, it will also help your athlete to be proud of their progress and performance.
1. Teach your athletes that hard work pays off.
2. Have a plan of attack to reach your goals.
3. Provide clear expectations.
4. Attitude is everything.
5. The mind is the strongest muscle in the body.
How to Create Confidence in Athletes:
1. Create opportunities for athletes to learn by doing.
2. Create opportunities for athletes to overcome adversity
3. Set standards high and don’t compromise on them.
4. Teach athletes how to lead, and empower them to lead
Coaches keep working hard to improve the whole athlete! You might be surprised to see how working on consistent effort and building confidence can make a difference in your athlete's skill development.