Looking for a fantastic way to help your child avoid the summer slide? Check out these fun, highly engaging activities for your children this summer to help them prepare for next year. Each of these enrichment programs are taught by certified teachers and are set up to be engaging and educational for your student. We have divided our programs so each group can enjoy specialized, themed activities for their age group. Please register based on the grade your child will be entering in the fall.
How the Enrichment classes will be practicing social distancing:
- Each student will have a designated spot in the room 6 ft. apart.
- Each student will be given their own supplies. Items will not be shared. They will be individually bagged before the class.
- Even though collaborative learning is the goal, we need to put their health first. Students will be given other ways to collaborate while remaining a safe distance from their peers.
- Examples: collaborative discussions, sharing ideas, gallery walks to look around at each other’s projects, offering tips to each other.
- The Enrichment teacher and students will wash hands before and after the class. The enrichment teacher will also practice safe social distancing outside of the class.
Travel the World Enrichment
Tuesday/ Wednesday/ Thursday 12:30-3:30 for PreK and Kindergarten
- Each week will be based on a different country
- Students will learn about culture, language, and more for each country visited
- Taught by the Gym and Learn Director, Kirsten Conrad
- Enroll in one or two afternoons for this fun program
Outer Space Enrichment
Wednesdays 1:00-3:00 for 1st and 2nd Grades
- Completed fun, learning based projects each day based on Outer Space
- Run STEM based projects, read stories, and more
- Students will learn in a problem solving and engaging atmosphere
- Taught by Elementary School Teacher, Taylor Cooke
Beach STEM Enrichment
Mondays 1:00-3:00 for 3rd and 4th Grades
- During classes, students will focus on STEM challenges that are based upon the concept of camping.
- Students will improve their problem solving skills, critical thinking, and creativity
- Students will also participate in a read-aloud that relates to the challenge for that week
- Taught by Elementary School Teacher, Emily Baden
Storytelling Summer Enrichment
Wednesdays 1:00-3:00 for 5th and 6th Grades
- Students will use various games and activities to help build their storytelling ability
- Program will incorporate various types of storytelling, from writing to verbal
- Students will also incorporate various math and science skills into their storytelling
- Taught by Elementary School Teacher, Ryanne Mercer
Looking for a Different Summer Camp Option?
Pinnacle offers a wide variety of summer camps for children of all ages (3 and up). Our day camps, enrichment camps, and stay through options are sure to provide the perfect indoor summer activity for your active child.