Students entering Kindergarten and Pre-K are invited to travel around the world with the Gym and Learn Summer Enrichment program! Join us on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 12:30-3:30, for an afternoon filled with learning and gymnastics. Each student will receive a passport and will learn about a different country or continent each week. We will also work on letter and number themed activities, based on the country. Help your child avoid the summer slide by joining this fun program today!
More About Summer Kindergarten Enrichment 2020
- Summer Enrichment is led by Gym and Learn Director, Kirsten Conrad
- Classes meet Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 12:30-3:30pm
- Twice a week is recommended. One day options are available.
- June 2 - July 30
- Each country visited will be a country participating in the Summer Games 2020!
- Along with a country, we will also visit a sport that country will be competing in 2020!
June 2nd and 4th: USA and Gymnastics
- Kick off our travels right in our own country
- Learn about the parts of the American flag
- Create our own flags and banners to cheer on our team
June 9th and 11th: Great Britain and Triathlon
- Compete in our own triathlon across the gym
- Learn about each country that is part of Great Britain
- Using STEM concepts, build and create architectural features from Great Britain
June 16th and 18th: Brazil and Volleyball
- Learn our own Brazilian dance
- Play volleyball in the gym
- Create our own headdresses
June 23rd and 25th: Spain and Rhythmic Gymnastics
- Create our own Rhythmic Gymnastics routines
- Learn our colors in Spanish
- Create our own Rhythmic Gymnastics ribbons
July 7th and 9th: China and Diving
- Learn to count to 10 in Chinese
- Learn about the different competitions in diving
- Try some foods from China
July 14th and 16th: South Africa and Track and Field
- Learn about the different events in Track and Field
- Create our own flag for South Africa
- Attempt different Track and Field events, including long jump and hurdles
July 21st and 23rd: Australia and Swimming
- Study the different animals found only in Australia
- Measure and discover the size of an Olympic Swimming pool
- Have our own swimming races across the gym
July 28th and 30th: Japan and Soccer
- Head to the host country and learn all about their culture
- Meet the Olympic mascots
- Learn about the game of soccer and play in the gym
Looking for a Different Summer Camp Option?
Pinnacle offers a wide variety of summer camps for children of all ages (3 and up). Our day camps, enrichment camps, and stay through options are sure to provide the perfect indoor summer activity for your active child.
- Summer Day Camp (Ages 3+)
- Ninja Camp for Kids (Ages 5+)
- Summer Art Classes
- More Activities for Kids Kansas City